Welcome to my world of cooking and thanks for stopping! A little over a year ago I started blogging - mainly to journal recipes for my daughters as I was contemplating making a cookbook with our family favorites. I was quite pleased to find out others were interested in what I was "Cooking on the Front Burner*." I love having followers and hearing what you have to say. Still no cookbook and I'm letting that one simmer on the back burner!
I grew up surrounded by good food. My mother was born to Italian immigrants who passed though Ellis Island in the early 1930's. Since we mostly spent our holidays with that side of the family, I have so many fond memories of my Nonni making some wonderful Italian food. Ok, but I must stop here and confess that I refused to eat what she made - no homemade raviolis or pasta for me. I always asked for P&R spaghetti and she would oblige by putting on a small pot of water just for me - I would feel special - grandmas have a way of doing that though I must have been c-r-a-z-y! Now, of course, times have changed!
I think cooking evolved over the years for me. I had my first apartment in my early 20's and bought the Joy of Cooking cookbook. I would just start experimenting - some with success and others not so much! As the years past, I just kept plugging away. Heading into mid 20's I met Mr. John and it is true what they - a way to a man's heart is through his stomach (he is 100% Italian). He liked my cooking - so getting married was a no-brainer - ha! We've raised 2 girls who are both on their own and have become good cooks in their own right.
What you will find here are recipes of my own, cookbooks, magazines, friends, family, etc. I tend to tweak what I find and will note that on the recipes. Most of the recipes are easy and on the table quick....though some will be fancy shmancy! Be sure to leave a comment to let me know what you think and I'll respond to your comment. You can also email me through the main link to ask any questions or just to say "HI" (I would like that).
And just for fun, here are some random things about me:
1. I enjoy food and could live on appetizers alone
2. My favorite candy as a kid was Snickers (and now it is anything chocolate!)
3. Pink is my favorite color (good thing I had girls) though I tend to wear mostly black and white!
4. My first concert I went to was Chicago in the mid-70's...thought I was super cool
5. I love making lists and
6. Celebrities I've spotted - David Letterman (show), Salma Hayek, Nick Offerman, Savannah Guthrie, Matt Lauer, Ben Affleck, Oprah (went to 2 shows), Ben Stein, Hal Holbrook; Sinbad and Maria Schriver during filming of Jingle All the Way (at the Mall of America)
7. I would like to get a tattoo (get designing Danielle)
8. My favorite place to be is at the beach, toes in the sand and preferably with an umbrella drink
9. I wish I could find the perfect haircut (any suggestions?)
10. I find painting therapeutic (as in walls not canvas!)
11. I love numbers, number patterns and could tell you the license plate numbers of my friend's cars!
>Frequent Party Stops